Re: pam_sm_acct_mgmt error

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Thomas Nilsen wrote:

> This has probably been asked before, but I could not find a search function
> on the pam archive, so I will post this anyway.

> I'm trying to run PAM application with the pam_smb module to validate Squid
> proxy users. However, when the authentication is executed I get the
> following logged via syslog:

> PAM unable to resolve symbol: pam_sm_acct_mgmt.

> I assume something is missing on my system, but what?

> Im running this on a Redhat 6.2, and the pam package installed is 0.72 build
> 20, installed from redhats binary release.

Thomas,

This error means that one of the modules you have listed in your pam config as
an 'acct' module is not actually a module that provides the PAM account
management functionality.  This could be pam_smb, but anything you've added to
this section is a possible culprit.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer