Insufficient credential error !

hello,

I have a sunOS 5.8 machine and nis+ server is running on it. Also I have a PC Mandarake 7.1 installed on it and I am trying to use it as a nis+ client. I can access the
tables in the server but my users can't login to the client.

In system messages I get an error message as the following:
Nov 16 11:11:34 yakamoz login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM (null) FOR aguler, Insufficient credentials to access authentication data

What does this message mean and how can I solve it?
Does somebody have a properly working "login" file with NIS+.
thanks in advance.