Re: Linux PAM Problem

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, David Homer wrote:

> Sorry to bother you but I have a problem with RedHat 7 and saw a post on a
> related topic

> How do I stop Redhat from being so good at password checking ie I want to
> allow 4 letter dictionary words etc...

David,

If you don't want PAM to do any password strength checking for you, the
easiest way to achieve this is by removing 'pam_cracklib.so' from your
pam.d config files.  If you do this, you will probably also need to modify the
pam_unix.so line that follows, removing the 'use_authtok' argument.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer