Re: Pam and imap

Pablo Trujillo wrote:

> I need to authenticate alone Imap with ldap and not with the users of the
> system.How do I disable the users of the system for the imap
> authentication?.

On your /etc/pam.d/imap file, make sure that the module that is used for ath
and for account is pam_ldap.so

This is my /etc/pam.d/imap file... it works just fine.

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required /lib/security/pam_ldap.so debug
#auth       required /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so try_first_pass
account    required /lib/security/pam_ldap.so debug
#account    required /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so

> I am using Red Hat 7.0, Imap 4.7, OpenLdap, nsswitch and pam
> Pablo

Me too.

Miguel Carvalho