Host attribute

Hi all,

I have several Linux boxes (Mandrake 7.2)
authenticating against Netscape's LDAP 4.12.
This has been working well but I want to
change the use of the pam_filter.  I have:

pam_filter &(objectclass=posixaccount) (host=my.box.net)

in the ldap.conf file, where the host
equals the local box name.  Users then
need to have host=my.box.net as an
attribute of the account object class.

I found that if I comment out the pam_filter,
I still get the same results as when the
line was there.  i.e. the user cannot login
unless he has the host attribute to match
the box.  Do I need to restart something?

Does anyone know what else would be doing
this host check?

Thank you everyone,
Kelli