Re: pam_crypt design changes

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 12:30:41AM -0400, Adam Slattery wrote:
> Solar Designer said there was a possibility for corrupting the password
> file. I think this is with the call to rename(2) but if anybody knows what
> he was refering too i'd like to be enlightened :).

No, it's not the use of rename(2).  You don't check for possible
errors most of the time and you treat EOF and errors on input the
same.

I suggest that you check the list archives for my comments on similar
problems in libpwdb and pam_unix.

I'll be replying to other messages in this thread later today or
tomorrow.

--
/sd