pap-login query for 'unknwon' pts/2 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx rejected

Hi,
  I've managed to get the PAM Tacacs+ compiled and running on Solaris. I'm
nearly there but am having authentication problems with the Cisco TACACS+
server.

I get the following error : "pap-login query for 'unknwon' pts/2 from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx rejected"

I'm also trying to track down where this misspelt error is coming from too.

My pam config is as follows, I have various options.

telnet auth      required  /usr/lib/security/pam_tacplus.so.1 debug
server=x.x.x.x secret=xxxxx encrypt service=chap protocol=lcp

Any ideas ?

Mark