Re: username above 13 characters not accepted

On Mon, Apr 30, Chris Siakos wrote:

> So for usernames over 13 characters:
> spop against shadow passwords			WORKS
> spop against shadow passwords	(via PAM)	DOES NOT WORK
> proftp against shadow				WORKS
> proftp against shadow (via PAM)		DOES NOT WORK
>
> I am pretty confident that PAM is the problem.  Is there anyway to increase
> logging for PAM?  When PAM fails it fails abruptly, saying connection
> closed, it doesn't return any helpful messages.

I don't know your configuration for spop and proftp, but which
modules does they use ? It is not a generall PAM problem, I have
no problems with login, su, passwd and a lot of more.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10             90443 Nuernberg