Re: Authentication-related information

Mike Gerdts wrote:
> #include <pwd.h>
> struct passwd *user;
[and so on with getpwuid(), etc]

I'm well aware of this mechanism... but it's exactly the non-portable
solution I wanted to avoid.  The software in question (currently) is a
POP3 server that supports separate authentication mechanisms for
multiple domains hosted on a single physical/logical server.
Eventually, all username/UID/password/whatever information will be
stored in a Postgres database- and only in that database.  Only a few
accounts will be regular system accounts with entries in /etc/passwd.

What I'm looking for is a system like (or as a part of?) PAM that will
provide this information from (for example) a database.

-kgd
--
Money is overrated.