Re: Running PAM from a module...

James Stevens wrote:

> Here's an interesting one...
>
> I've just been doing some work on adding PAM support into the "jabber" IM
> server and ran into an interesting problem. With Jabber, the authentication is
> itself done in a plug-in module called "jsm.so", which is loaded by the main
> process, "jabberd".

Does jsm.so itself linked with -lpam?  (it should be, or else jabberd will be
unable to load it, yes?)  Baybe jsm.so linked with static libpam.a?  Or maybe
jabberd loads the jsm.so without adding symbols from it (and it's dependant
libs) to the main symbol list (RTDL_something flag for dlopen())?

Regards,
 Michael.