Re: Home dir settings

Steve Langasek wrote:

No, this is not part of the PAM API.

Thanks for the clarification. I can stop banging my head against the wall now.

In the case of ftp and authing off MySQL via
PAM, how can I get around the need to also
have a copy of the user in /etc/passwd just
for the home dir setting ?

To do this, you will want to make use of an NSS module in addition to PAM.

I'm not getting anything useful from searches on "NSS"... would you mind passing on a URL or an extra keyword so I can narrow the search please ?

--markc