Re: Home dir settings

There's a development NSS MySQL module here:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/nss-mysql/

And/or you could use proftpd with it's mod_mysql.
http://www.proftpd.net/

You might also find the sendmail+sql system
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/sendmail-sql/ that I've been helping
out with useful too.

Works okay for me, but you have to be pretty careful with the groups
setup for nss-mysql, otherwise it gets nasty.

Whoever suggested it is DAMN RIGHT that this question should go into the
PAM FAQ!

Yours,

Kev.

----

Is it possible in some way to offer up a
home directory and uid/gid via PAM somehow ?

In the case of ftp and authing off MySQL via
PAM, how can I get around the need to also
have a copy of the user in /etc/passwd just
for the home dir setting ?

--markc