Re: [Re: Account expire [urgent!!]]

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 07:25:52AM -0800, Doug K Nordwall wrote:
> I have run into a similar situation. I couldn't think of any real recourse other
> than checking the access times on the directories. I get the feeling that this is
> still a bad choice, and there is something else there.

If you are trying to design something to work well in a distributed manner,
how 'bout writing a pam module that logs logins to a central database.

Perhaps the schema may consist of the login, the service, success or
failure, and the time.  You could then just have a periodic (cron) scrub to
get rid of old records.

Mike