can't get PAM_SMB 2 work

Hi...

I installed PAM_SMB 1.1.6 but cannot authenticate against our PDC (NT4-SP5).
When I pass the debug option to the module the only syslog output I get is
the following:

(pam_auth): pam_smb: Local UNIX username/password check incorrect.
(pam_auth): pam_smb: Configuration Data, Primary vvsmail1, backup vvsmail2,
Domain SAYNETHQ

...and that's it. I made sure that the Linux box CAN resolve the names... I
get the authentication failure very quick so the connection is working
too... Can anyone give me a hint on how to get more debugging info OR may
even know what the problem might be...

Thanks for any hints...

Tobias Wimmer