Login problem plz help !!!

Hi,
i have an authentication problem when i try to login
i get this message "login incorrect" but when i try to login as root login successful but the system don't
ask me for password just write root and press enter
to login, this problem is the same in telnet but without root login , ftp and mail working so good
i can check my mail and login to my ftp but i can't telnet or login directly from machine....i running
redhat linux 6.2
  any body can help me!! ... that's a critical problem

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup