login and pam_smartcard

I was trying to use a smart card to authenticate user on a RH7 linux box
using a pam_smartcard module.
I've modified the 'login' pam config file in /etc/pam.d

auth	sufficient	/lib/security/pam_smartcard.so
<<<-------------------------- ADDED
auth	required	/lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional   /lib/security/pam_smartcard.so
<<<------------------------- ADDED
session    required	/lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional	/lib/security/pam_console.so

After that  I've used the xsh (xsh user service) program in PAM source
tarball to verify the smartcard module and it seems to work: i've been
asked to insert the smartcard and the PIN and the session is opened; if
the Smartcard is removed the session was blocked...

If I try to login from the 'real' console I get the usual login/password
prompt and in /var/log/secure the following :

Nov  5 16:58:28 aleph login: PAM unable to
dlopen(/lib/security/pam_smartcard.so)
Nov  5 16:58:28 aleph login: PAM [dlerror: cannot open shared object
file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory]
Nov  5 16:58:28 aleph login: PAM adding faulty module:
/lib/security/pam_smartcard.so

Someone has ideas of whats happenig?

Thanks
Niko