Re: Problems w/PAM+SASL+Postfix

Also Sprach Andreas Hasenack:

> In order to check user passwords in /etc/shadow, remember that the daemon
> calling the pam libs has to run as root :)

Yeah, that's what I figured out, since I got it to work just with
with sasldb & ldap.  I *thought* from the strace output it was
successfully opening /etc/shadow, although I guess not.  (I guess
I assumed pam_unix.so would call unix_chkpwd if it wasn't root.)

> Or use the pwcheck method in SASL, which also requires another
> daemon. I've never tried that, though.

grep'ing through the txts with my pam distribution, I don't see
any docs on configuring unix_chkpwd, how the heck to use it?

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                           wcooley@nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs

"There was a vague, unpleasant manginess about his appearence; he somehow
seemed dirty, though a close glance showed him as carefully shaven as an
actor, and clad in immaculate linen."
-- H.L. Mencken, on the death of William Jennings Bryan