Re: authentication proxy?

Helge,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 09:26:52PM +0100, Helge Bahmann wrote:
> Ok I just learned unix_chkpwd cannot be used the way I need it. This still
> begs the question if there is a different solution, or am I out of luck?

The unix_chkpwd helper binary could be easily modified by a C programmer
to do what you're looking for.  The version of this program which is
included with the Linux-PAM distribution is a secure-by-default
implementation; in your case, a helper binary with more relaxed security
checks would suit your needs.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer