Re: Old Authtok when changing passwords

On Mon, Apr 15, Nicolas Williams wrote:

> That's the purpose of the PAM_OLDAUTHTOK item. The app had better set
> it, if it knows it, else a module must prompt for it.

The app cannot set it, since the app has no chance to get the password
from the PAM modules.

> Modules have to be
> prepared to deal with PAM_OLDAUTHTOK being set as well as with it being
> unset.

I don't understand what you will tell me with this. This has nothing
to do with the problem.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE Linux AG        Deutschherrenstr. 15-19       D-90429 Nuernberg