Re: How do you limit the number of login

Hi Alan,

I've been investigating the same issue. Unfortunately, I don't
think the current PAM implementation supports this feature.
What I need is the faillog facility available to PAM.

Therefore, what I'm currently doing is removing faillog from
the login sources and making it into a shared library. A custom
PAM module will then use faillog to disable accounts if needed
(see info faillog).

If anyone has a better solution, please let me know.

Carlos

Alan Womack wrote:

attempts before you disconnect a user's connection?

I want to drop the line (sshd in my case) after 3 failed attempts, but I have been unable to determine the .conf file to alter or the argument for a pam module to use.

Thanks
Alan

Epson Inkjet Printer FAQ: http://welcome.to/epson-inkjet