Re: compiling shadow against libpam

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 04, Tony den Haan wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > i'm still having trouble building shadow-4.0.3 against libpam. configure
>
> In Linux-PAM, libpam_misc schould be linked against libpam. That is
> a minor Linux-PAM bug which has no real effect in practice, because
well, it did affect me, since build would break...
> everybody using libpam_misc also uses libpam.

i wasn't sure what you meant, and went for

./configure --disable-dynamic

which, to my surprise, *did* produce a libpam_misc.so, which was
statically linked itself, and shadow actually built...

> But the shadow maintainer is also wrong. The configure script is to
> detect special things like such bugs. He should apply the patch to
> his configure script as correct workaround.

or at least a tip/explanation why building shadow fails :-)

thanks,

tony