Groupmod

I have realized that my /etc/passwd and /etc/group files are a little
bit of a mess in terms of uids and gids. As a result I'm trying to
change uids and gids for many of the accounts. I am being careful to
check config files and such to make sure that I don't break something as
I do this. My major problem that I have run into is that groupmod
doesn't change group ownership privileges on files/folders when I change
the GID of a group. Usermod does change the ownership so I am able to
adjust them without much worry. Is there any way to make it so group mod
will change the ownership when I change a group gid? Failing that is
there a way I can search for all files on my system owned by a certain
group. If I can get that I can just pipe that back into something to
chmod them all. TIA

Thanks
Jefferson Cowart
Jeff@cowart.net

Support Open Instant Messaging Protocols
http://www.petitiononline.com/openIM/petition.html