Re: yet more pam config file questions

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 05:15:45PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> ah, so if a "stack" is defined as all entries with the same module
> type, then either a stack with a single "optional" entry, or a
> totally empty stack, would have this undefined behaviour.
> am i reading that correctly?

Yes, but a missing definition for any service other than "other" will
cause libpam to read a default setup from the configuration for the
"other" service.  (If there is none, then I'm not sure what happens.)
Generally I recommend locking down "other" to prevent possibly unexpected
behavior when a configuration file is missing, but various people have
differing opinions on that.

Nalin