Re: md5 passwds not working (suse 7.3)

Odd.  Didn't notice a partial send when I was composing it.

[SIGH]

Anyway, I've just discovered that all apps I've recently compiled from
srpms are failing to auth md5 passwds, but all that were downloaded as
binary rpms are working.

I don't see why that should make a difference, but it is.

Any ideas are most welcome.  This means that incoming ssh is also
broken, so I've become quite eager to solve it....

Thanks.

-JimC