Re: Basic PAM help

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 15:57, Jefferson Cowart wrote:
> Is there any good starting point for PAM. I am wanting to use PAM so I
> can have most of my programs authenticating against a MySQL database
> which I understand is possible (assuming the program supports PAM, which
> the ones I care about do) by using the MySQL module for PAM. However, so
> far I have been at a loss to find a clear and concise site that explains
> how PAM works. TIA

It's blowing my own horn, but:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/227

I wrote several articles on  PAM for O'Reilly, and they're
available in that archive of my O'Reilly articles.
Start with 'Introduction to PAM', about 3/4 of the way down the page.

Jenn V.

jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/