mod_auth_pam port to Apache 2.0?

mod_auth_pam ported to Apache 2.0 would be a nice thing to have, now that
Apache 2.0 is released.

As best I can tell, this message from last year is the latest word on the
development status of mod_auth_pam:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/pam-list/2001-04/att-0076/00-part

In short, it needs a maintainer, or at least someone to port it to Apache
2.0 and care for it until it reaches the stability it enjoys for Apache 1.3.

I figured this list might be the right place to bring this issue up.

--Joe

http://pam.sourceforge.net/mod_auth_pam/
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/