How to get ipaddress

Hello there.
I am not good at English, but I hope you will understand me.

Now I am struggling to write a pam module.
I would like to get ipaddress of a user trying to access a server
which uses pam.

The function pam-get-rhost used in pam-rhost module doesn't work.
(My mailer can't write an underline...)
I can't find the definition of the function.

pam-get-item(pamh, PAM-RHOST, (void *)&buffer) doesn't work well.
I don't know how to use this function enough.

How should I do to get ipaddress of a user in pam modules?

In Archive,  the same problem may have been on Fri, 25 Jan 2002.
There were no responses for that.

Is it impossible?

Thank you.