Re: Re: (no subject)

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 06:19:39PM -0000, Rohan  Bairat wrote:
> Hi Steve
> Thanks for the email

> But steve according to my knowledge kerberos needs a clock
> synchronization i mean we need to install the clock
> synchronization software in the machine which we use to
> connect....

> Now the remote user may log in thru diff computer / network ..and
> then for syschronization he needs to have that s/w installed

> Is it true?

> My goal is to allow people work on my code by logging in to my
> system and checking out code using cvs connecting using SSH and i
> need a authorization right???

Yes, Kerberos involves setting up a fair amount of infrastructure.  If
all you have is a single server on which you want to run CVS over SSH,
then setting up accounts in the system password file is probably a lot
easier than setting up Kerberos -- whether or not you use PAM.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer