pam radius attribute question

I am using the pam_radius module for authentication against a FreeRadius server,
and I'm able to authenticate successfully.  However, I have configured my radius
server to pass me back some information as part of the response (in my case, the
group to which the user I am authenticating belongs).  Radius servers allow vendor-specific
attributes to be returned with the authentication response, and I have verified
that my radius server is returning the correct attribute using a non-PAM-enabled
test client.  But, when I build a PAM-enabled client, I have been unable to find
a PAM call that will return my attributes.  I've experimented with pam_getenv()
and pam_get_data(), but neither appear to be the right way to do this.  Does anyone
know: what PAM call do you use to retrieve radius attributes that are returned along
with the authentication response from the server?

I'd be grateful for any assistance with this problem.  Thanks in advance,

Dan Lanz
lanzdan earthlink net