Re: Problems with open ldap and pam on RHL 8.0

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 07:22:57PM +0100, Luis Javier Martinez Martinez wrote:
> 	I have enabled ldap auth with authconfig.
> 	I have found that users are always created with the same uid.
> 	I have debugged smbldap-useradd.pl and it seems that it cannot get the
> last ldap uid in the system (getpwuid call).
> 	What is going on?
> 	What am I doing wrong?

Does the script search the directory directly to find the last UID
directly, or does it use the system-wide getpwnam/getpwuid functions
provided with glibc.  If it's the latter, have you enabled use of LDAP
for user information (nss_ldap) on your system?

HTH,

Nalin