Re: sendmail/qpopper with pam

Ok, so how can I authenticate users with sasl (for both smtp and pop)?

Ed Wilts wrote:

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:49:57PM +0200, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

How can I use PAM (pam_userdb.so) with sendmail and qpopper
to allow only users in database to send/receive mail?

No. Sendmail only authenticates to allow / deny relaying, it does not check who can / may send email.

Even if you can't use pam for this, there are sendmail hooks to control access. We've written rules that check who is allowed to send Internet mail and who isn't. Receiving mail is obviously easier - if the user doesn't exist, the mail will bounce.

Dunno about qpopper - never used it.