Re: restrict passwords

Rocio Alfonso Pita wrote:

Hello,

I want to configure the users passwords so:

- minimum ttl for password
- maximum ttl for password
- maximum repeat 2 characters
- user cannot repeat the 2 lastest passwords.
- if user fail his password for 3 times, lock his account.

The minimum and maximum ttl I can to configure with "passwd" or in /etc/logins.defs.

I found this site very helpful when I was setting up something similar to you.

http://www.puschitz.com/Security.shtml

-Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker, Associate Engineer