Re: it didn´t solve it

From: Joe Lewis <joe relia net>
To: pam-list redhat com
Subject: Re: it didn´t solve it
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:08:52 -0600

Maybe this should go off the list. But, one more thing - if you are using a shadow password file, and don't have the passwords in /etc/passwd, it will fail (unless, of course, the www user has rights to read the shadow file which should never occur). Could that be the problem?

Joe

I do not think so because all my passwords are in the /etc/passwd and the user that cannot be authenticated is there too:

my_user:x:504:504::/home/my_user:/bin/bash

so i think that should not be the problem

thanks in advance

best regards,

Joao Garcia