Help: /etc/pam.d/sshd configuration

Hi list,

I thought my /etc/pam.d/sshd was working fine until I noticed that if the ldap service goes down I can't no longer login on a ldap client server via ssh using a local account (NOT LDAP USER).
Any idea why?
The local accounts work fine when ldap service is running. However, they should be independent of each other.
** The local accounts are not in the ldap database **
Here is my /etc/pam.d/sshd file:
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_unix_auth.so try_first_pass
account    [module_unknown=ignore default=die success=done user_unknown=ignore system_err=ignore service_err=ignore ]   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so debug
account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix_acct.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so
password   sufficient   /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
password   required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_first_pass
session    required     /lib/security/pam_unix_session.so

Thanks,

Martin