Re: pam.d [Re: LDAP Authentication]

Try the RedHat Manuals.
Also, please note that the system-auth is created by the command authconfig

Oliver

Inger, Slav (S.B.) wrote:

Thanks for the info. Wow, this is the first I've heard of /etc/pam.d/system-auth! Where can I go to get more info on this? Also, seeing that the PAM Admin Guide on kernel.org is out of date, are there any more up-to-date writeups/manuals out there?

-----Original Message----- From: Oliver Schulze L. [mailto:oliver samera com py] Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 2:48 PM To: pam-list redhat com Subject: Re: pam.d [Re: LDAP Authentication]

I think /etc/pam.d/ is newer.
What is done now is that many files in the /etc/pam.d/ directory refers to
the file /etc/pam.d/system-auth file
So, changing the system-auth file, does indeed change all the other "services"
For example, imap and pop3 uses the system-auth file, like many(if not all) services.

HTH
Oliver