Re: pam.d [Re: LDAP Authentication]

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 02:54:33PM -0400, Inger, Slav (S.B.) wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  Wow, this is the first I've heard of
> /etc/pam.d/system-auth!  Where can I go to get more info on this?
> Also, seeing that the PAM Admin Guide on kernel.org is out of date,
> are there any more up-to-date writeups/manuals out there?

The /etc/pam.d/system-auth usage is a Red Hat innovation, and is by no
means common to all PAM-using (or even all Linux-PAM-using) systems.
For example, the upcoming release of Debian will use
/etc/pam.d/common-auth and related include files through a different
include mechanism than Red Hat's pam_stack.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer