RE: PAM config extentions [was Re: pam.d]

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 07:38, Inger, Slav (S.B.) wrote:
> I hear you there, I personally am getting quite fed up with all that fragmentation.  If you ask me, It's getting pretty ridiculous - Linux vendors are fragmenting this space with their "niceties" like Sun, HP, IBM, and SGI fragmented the UNIX space.  These days it's getting hard to even being helping users troubleshoot a problem if they're running a different distribution.

If someone would just package up all the cruft you need to set
up and manage the server side of LDAP with PosixAccounts, NIS
emulation, and whatever schema a SambaAccount is likely to need
next week all of the other methods could just go away...

---
  Les Mikesell
  les futuresource com