Auth against NCP

I have an apache server which is use mod_auth_pam for authentication of
various parts of a website I run. It works if the pam.d/httpd is setup to
auth against the system however I can't get it to auth against my NCP server
using pam_ncp_auth. I know the NCP server works and auths fine from the
webserver as I can mount the NCP shares and authenticate that way no
problem. Is there something I can do to test and see why pam can't
authenticate using this module?