Re: Which pam config file are used by programs that translate uid'sto usernames?

Sorry, the configs I read said "Security". I must have propogated that falsehood. Oops, and thanks for the correction.

Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

On Fri, Sep 19, Joe Lewis wrote:

None - I found this out the hard way - It's a job that was left to NSS (Network Security Switch).

Name Service Switch, has nothing to do with Security.