PAM on FreeBSD 5.1

Ladies and Gents;

My turn to ask a question. I've got PAM set up on Linux (VERY easy), and I had it set up on FreeBSD 4.6.2, but I am having some major issues with FreeBSD 5.1 (RELEASE). Here's the problem :

I built the pam_mysql module, and installed it, using the port. Now, I've made sure the file is in the right place (the only pam_*.so files are in /usr/lib, and are actually symlinks to a pam_*.so.2 in the same directory). It's got the right permissions. Everything looks PERFECT.

But, when I include the line for it in the /etc/pam.d/login file, it complains about not being able to find the library pam_mysql.so anywhere. Can someone tell me if the PAM included with BSD was mistakenly linked STATICALLY? For some reason, I get the feeling that someone made it Static PAM (sPAM for short). Does anyone know? Have you experienced this FreeBSD 5.1 side of additional spam modules?

Joe