Apache2 mod_auth_pam with Kerberos 5

Heiko Hund heiko at ist.eigentlich.net
Thu Apr 1 06:07:40 UTC 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 03:15, Van Emery (Mei Feng) wrote:
> So, I'm looking for feedback on any other Apache modules that allow PAM
> authentication.  These are the only three that I have found:
>
> mod_auth_pamacea
> mod_auth_pamport
> mod_auth_pam

You are missing out on

mod_auth_external

which comes with an external pam authenticator and is my choice when it comes
to apache doing pam. Unlike with mod_auth_pam apaches permissions do not have
to be modified to read /etc/shadow. Instead a small pam auth program is run
setuid root, kinda like squid is doing it. There are authenticators for MySql
and Radius as well if you do not want to use pam.

Heiko