Re: PAM

Hi,

this might be related to the bug #1010142.
(See http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1010142&group_id=6663&atid=106663)

Can you try with minlen=9 ?

Sorry, I don't have the time know to check it out now, however, it you don't suceed please fill a bug report.

Thanks,

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

How do i enable a user to authenticate himself using minimum length of 8
characters using PAM.

I have added the entries in the /etc/pam.d/system-auth

password required /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so minlen=8

But doesnot seems to work for me

Can u please guide me in setting the above issue