PAM

Sebastien Tricaud toady at gscore.org
Mon Aug 23 12:19:35 UTC 2004

G.Edwin wrote:

> Dear Kaushal Shriyan,
>     Please include it in /etc/pam.d/passwd file and try.  It may help.
>
>> I have added the entries in the /etc/pam.d/system-auth

I don't know much about redhat but last time I checked, I saw that any
application like login/xscreensaver is going through /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

In that case, using /etc/pam.d/passwd won't resolve the problem.

However I'm curious to know more about the redhat way of doing it.

If what Edwin said resolved the problem, I would likely be a redhat
issue than a PAM one.

Sebastien.