Re: PAM

Actually, the procedure in RedHat falls back to system-auth only if the service configuration is not there.

(i.e. if the service asks for "sshd" and the configuration doesn't exist, it then looks for the "system-auth" configuration file).

Joe

Sebastien Tricaud wrote:
G.Edwin wrote:

Dear Kaushal Shriyan,
    Please include it in /etc/pam.d/passwd file and try.  It may help.

I have added the entries in the /etc/pam.d/system-auth

I don't know much about redhat but last time I checked, I saw that any application like login/xscreensaver is going through /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

In that case, using /etc/pam.d/passwd won't resolve the problem.

However I'm curious to know more about the redhat way of doing it.

If what Edwin said resolved the problem, I would likely be a redhat issue than a PAM one.

Sebastien.