Problem using pam_ldap in RedHat 9

Hi,

Im having some problem trying to autenticate using an ldap database. My /etc/pam.d/su looks like this:

auth       required     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/$ISA/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
account    required     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so
password   required     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so
session     required    /lib/security/$ISA/pam_permit.so

I used the pam_permit.so trying to focus only on the auth method.

After spending some time in this problem I decided to get the source code of pam_ldap.so, Ive used some printfs on it and saw that it was returning 0 (PAM_SUCCESS) but su keeps giving me 'su: incorrect password'.

Had anyone have similar problem and found the answear?

---> Example Session
# su rodrigo    # rodrigo is an ldap user
password: ******
su: incorrect password
--->

Any information that you need, please let me now.

thanks in advance,
 RSW

OBS: Had no problem to configure Libranet and RH 7.2

---> /var/log/messages
Aug 25 16:09:27 floyd su(pam_unix)[10366]: check pass; user unknown
Aug 25 16:09:27 floyd su(pam_unix)[10366]: authentication failure; logname=rodriwan uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser=root rhost=

-- Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de anti-virus e acredita-se estar livre de perigo.