Re: Segfault with cracklib and PAM

Hi,

thanks for reporting the issue,
I opened the bug #2347 and will have a look at it as soon as I can.

(see https://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=2347&group_id=2134)

Jim Gifford wrote:

Sympton: Whenever certain passwords are used passwd segfaults with PAM.
               Passwords that cause the issue are: G ndalFchicken1234

Passwords that work: @njaeN chicken2345

You can follow our thread at http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-support/2004-August/051475.html

Our build instructions are at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/cvs/postlfs/security.html

Error Message

(current) UNIX password:
New UNIX password:
(index fread failed): Success
Segmentation fault

File /etc/pam.d/passwd

/etc/pam.d/passwd:
# Begin /etc/pam.d/passwd
password    required    pam_cracklib.so    \
   retry=3 difok=8 minlen=15 dcredit=3 ocredit=3 ucredit=2 lcredit=2
password    required    pam_unix.so    md5 shadow use_authtok
# End /etc/pam.d/passwd