Linux Fedora Core 2: Password, Login, and Pam

Browder, Tom Tom.Browder at fwb.srs.com
Mon Dec 6 20:18:10 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: pam-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:pam-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Tomas Mraz
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 4:48 AM
To: Pluggable Authentication Modules
Subject: Re: Linux Fedora Core 2: Password, Login, and Pam
>This should be achievable using pam_tally.so but the functionality is
partly broken and also >not much secure (even after lockout it can
reveal succesfull password break attempt to >>>attacker).

1.  Is there documentation on pam_tally available?

2.  Is there an overarching security integration effort for Fedora
(outside of selinux)?  I mean so the graphical system tools such as the
User app and login work the same as commands login, passwd, and su,
etc., as far as password strength and longevity rules?  Can I find the
policy or plan written anywhere?

I hate to be so obnoxious but I'm trying to get a system approved by a
customer for processing his proprietary data and it's been tough
going--kind of new ground in some respects as far as requirements.

Thanks.

Tom Browder