No Conv Element in PAMH?

Sharad csharad3 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 06:24:11 UTC 2004

Hello Alainna,

The two errors are not connected in anyway. The file pam_stack.so is not
provided with Linux-PAM package and is a OS specific one. So it has to be
copied after loading Linux-PAM package.

Secondly, the error is generated by the linux-pam library when it tries to
retrieve the username. There can be many reasons for this. The following
options can be tried -
1. Upgrade your Linux-PAM package.
2. Reinstall login application(comes as a part of util-linux package).
3. If neither of the above two works, try to debug the 'login' application
(/bin/login).

Feel free to contact me any other information.

Thanks,

Sharad Chandra