Pam configuration files

Joe Lewis joe at joe-lewis.com
Wed Feb 25 18:42:53 UTC 2004

Pam DOESN'T know which file to use.  The application requesting the
library's authentication is what controls which one is being used.

When writing a pam application, you specify which service you are going
to request, such as "sshd" or "ssh".  Simple, really, which is the
entire intent of the PAM system.

Joe