mod_auth_pam and groups

Jean-Rene Cormier jean-rene.cormier at cipanb.ca
Fri Feb 27 14:16:30 UTC 2004

Hi, I have a problem where I need to setup mod_auth_pam to authenticate
against a OpenLDAP directory using pam_ldap. When I use "require group
somegroup" in my .htaccess I get a "configuration error: couldn't check
access. No groups file?" error in my error log. Looking at the OpenLDAP
logs I can see that it doesn't check for groups info at all. I tried the
exact same .htaccess file on another box with Apache 1.3 and it worked
but with Apache 2.0 I get that error. Anybody knows what could be wrong?

Jean-Rene Cormier